Evelyn being held for the first time at 12 days
Adeleine being held for the first time at 6 days
They are two precious babies who met their mama and daddy a few months early.
Karen and I went to school together in Rockport. When she went to college she worked for 40 Days for Life and was a constant inspiration to me. When I found out she was getting married, my heart sang because I knew the Lord would be using her for great things. They got pregnant immediately, and to their surprise, they were blessed with twins!!! After an appointment and many second opinions, her doctors and midwife concluded that the babies needed to be born early via c-section to save Evelyn's life.
The babies weren't supposed to be here until October, but here there are. I strongly believe that the Lord only gives us what he can handle, and I believe that He knows, as well as anyone who knows Karen, that she can handle this. Regardless, this was unexpected. While the babies can breath on their own, [Praise the Lord!!!] they will still be in the hospital for quite some time.
Instead of spending $20 on a beanie that looks like a boob, or a shirt that says "I make milk, what's your super power?" please consider donating to their fund [<---- Look over there!!!] to help with medical bills. I couldn't think of any better way to celebrate world breastfeeding week than to give this mama who has yet to experience the joy of nursing, but is working her butt off to pump for her two tiny precious girls the support she needs. Their tiny little mouths can't latch on yet, but she's been able to pump fantastically.
If you are unable to donate, please, please, please keep Karen, her girls, and their family in your prayers. It's hard to look at these tiny miracles and not be in constant petition for their lives.


Donated - and praying for those sweet girls and the family!
ReplyDeleteHi! My name is Shara and I am a mother of a 10 month old who was born at 29weeks last September. If she needs to talk to someone who has been in her shoes I'm here!! I also would like to proudly say my 10 month old is fully breastfed and has been as soon as she was able to. Pumped and pumped until the glorious day came to transition to breastfeeding. If she has any questions on this please feel free to contact me. My email is wildfire.Shara.Baulsir@gmail.com.
ReplyDeleteI feel I should also say. I came about to your website because a friend of mine has been motivated by you to do nursing photos and wanted me to see your page. I saw this about your friend Karen and I truly believe it was God who directed me here. Really really am here for your friend during this really hard time.
ReplyDelete